Wednesday, July 21, 2010

FROG

I'd love to be able to show you a photo of my finished sweater.  I'd love to say I have been wearing it.  I'd love to be moving on to another project.  But I can't.

The fronts and back are indeed finished on the Minimalist Cardigan.  One sleeve is half knitted.  Until yesterday afternoon I thought that the other sleeve was done up to the sleeve cap.  When I was ready to shape the cap, I double checked my stitch count.  That's when I realized that I had used the numbers for the WRONG SIZE even though I had highlighted the correct numbers in BRIGHT YELLOW!

Frog. frog, frog.  TINK. TINK. TINK.  Cast on again.  Count stitches.  Recount stitches. Refer to the pattern.  Reconfirm pattern.

I now have four inches on the sleeve reknit on the correct number of stitches.

Time spent knitting: 1 week
Stitches unraveled: 10,320
Reminder to check the pattern: priceless

2 comments:

  1. You're in good company, Willow. Very good company. I've been there more times than I care to admit. Sigh. The ups and downs of knitting. It's so nice to see your blog postings! I'll have to try and post some pics of the garden soon...lots of stuff growing.

    ReplyDelete