Thursday, September 9, 2010

Minimalist Knitter's Handbook

Recently, I downloaded a free e-book.  It's titled Minimalist Knitter's Handbook, Knitting More While Owning Less. Written by Robyn Devine, this short but informative book is a quick and easy read.  In less than forty pages, Robyn encourages knitters to really think about what they enjoy knitting, what kinds of yarn they honestly don't like to use, and how much knitting they realistically do in a three month period.  She also guides her readers through how to destash their yarn, needles and patterns.  Perhaps most importantly, Robyn gives pointers on how to NOT return to stashing habits once the yarn stash is gone.

While I had already started doing some of the activities Robyn suggested, I found her ideas to be challenging and inviting.  I have in the past dumped out my yarn on the guest room bed and separated the skeins in to keep and give away piles, I know I need to do it again. And again.  I especially liked her ideas about how to plan projects and keep everything together in one place for the projects.  I'll be following many of her other suggestions in the months ahead.

If you are a knitter or crocheter, and you have a stash of yarn that is a little larger than you would like to admit, then I know you'll enjoy reading Minimalist Knitter's Handbook and benefit from following some of Robyn's suggestions.

You can download the book FOR FREE at minimalistknitter.  Look for the title of the book on the right side bar of the blog.  If you do get the book read it, please let me know!  Destash! Minimalize! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Great review, Willow! I've been curios about Robyn's book. I destashed my yarn earlier this year... but could do again. I really like the ideas of project planning and storage. Thanks for sharing. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, Thanks for the comment! I too destashed earlier this year, but I still have so much handspun yarn. Now I have a plan for it! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so beautiful, I have been so busy lately about life but let me share with you all about my health life experience with the great herbal traditional doctor that saved the life of mine and my dear husband.I was suffering from a deadly disease herpes and diabetes and i went through alot trying to get better each everyday of my life until I came across a testimony on blogs someone telling good about Dr Jekawo, a traditional herbal doctor that cure all kind of disease such as: herpes,diabetes,cancer,hpv,lupus,degenerative disease also bring back ex, and other spiritual consultations, I contacted him via drjekawo@gmail.com then he pepared the herbal medicines and send to me which takes 21 days treatment that cured my diabetes and herpes completely,I'm so grateful with the help he rendered to me therefore I promised to share his great works.Thank you and I hope this could save someone else out there.
    Karen Paul
    South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete